Sunday, December 19, 2010

“Hello. My name is Kirsten and ….”


It’s taken a while to reach boiling point, but I have come to the realisation that I have an egg problem.  What started as a few casual eggs every now and then, turned into whole cartons in single sittings.
Quiet nights in turned into folic-fuelled frenzies as I slipped yolk after yolk into my own, as well as my guest’s food.  I would incorporate an egg into any activity if there were even a shell of a reason to.  My friends and I would have eggs before nights out and I would be fried before we even left the house.
I have become one of those egged up girls I used to laugh at.
Egg stained smile and wandering yolky stare.  Just a big cracked mess.

I don’t really know how this has happened, in younger years I was always responsible whilst on the egg.  I am guilty of using the egg as a temporary means of forgetting difficult situations.  I wasn’t eating eggs to have fun, I was eating eggs to function.

And it would always end up the same..
Five too many XL Freerange later, and the night was destroyed.  Although I wouldn’t always be on a downer, excessive happiness from the egg can be just as damaging.  These amplified, egged up actions are as good as a giant sign saying
‘My riboflavin levels are imbalanced and I am completely unstable!’
Especially if the yolk abuse is frequent.
Which it was.

I have been asked to leave barns.  Door chicks have denied me entry.  I’ve been driven home and lectured on excessive egg consumption numerous times.
And it has to stop.

So I am taking a responsible stance. 
No Eggs Till Easter.

The era of ‘Eggathons’ is over.  It’s time to wipe the egg of my face and have a fresh start.



                                              Now let’s give it a crack. 

No comments:

Post a Comment